Hybrid Cloud Management Effectively manage your hybrid cloud environment better through automation and cognitive insights
With the data center making a resurgence after almost a decade of cloud-related buzz, the focus has once again shifted toward Hybrid Cloud Management, as SMEs in particular and enterprises at large look to retain or recreate their data center environments either on-premise or in a hosted data center.
That said, there is a lot that goes into an effective hybrid cloud management practice. For starters, the very nature of a hybrid cloud environment makes for some unique challenges.
- The presence of on-premise and on-cloud infrastructure requires adequate integration and data transfer mechanisms that need to be efficiently maintained for high availability and performance
- The applications distributed between on-premise, private, and public clouds need effective APIs and web services that need to be managed as well
- Adequate scalability needs to be established within the on-premise, and on-cloud applications and data, and the underlying file synchronisation services need to be well-managed to maintain system currency
The advantages of using a hybrid cloud as opposed to a cloud-native or cloud-first strategy abound. For instance:
- Moving applications and data from the cloud, back to on-premise or hosted data centers can actually save costs, as counter-intuitive as it sounds. Since cloud providers have a standardised pricing for their products, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) may find it cost-effective to operate on-premise infrastructure at certain scales of operation.
- Managing compliance with data domicile laws and regulations such as GDPR can be significantly easy when using a private cloud or on-premise infrastructure. Today, where connectivity tariffs are dropping year-on-year, while availability and reliability of internet connectivity is steadily on the rise, SMEs may find it hard to resist the temptation to adopt a hybrid cloud approach, saving costs at multiple touchpoints.
Hybrid Cloud Management, thus can be an effective tool for SMEs as well as large enterprises, especially where the scale of operations is low, and the number of concurrent users and requests is also at reasonably low levels.
HOW IVALUE CAN HELP?
iValue offers a range of services for hybrid cloud management solutions that are tailored to suit your organisational needs, as well as your unique blend of on-premise, private cloud, and public cloud infrastructure.
- Adaptive Cloud Testing: This facet of hybrid cloud management ensures faster results while enabling you to run as many tests in parallel as you want, on multiple versions, on multiple devices, and in multiple use case scenarios. Allows teams in multiple locations to automate and analyse test results more frequently.
- Hybrid Cloud Network Integration: Acquire control, speed, scalability, security, and reduced costs with HCNI.
- Secure Cloud Access: Protect access to cloud applications from anywhere on the Internet, on any device.
- Software Defined-WAN, WAF, FW, HIPS, Host FW: Enjoy higher capacity bandwidth, centralized management, network visibility, and multiple connection types. Armour your enterprise against zero-day threats, security vulnerabilities, SQL injections, cross-site scripting attacks, and other types of known or unknown threats.
- Hybrid Cloud Monitoring and IT Service Management which aims at integrating your on-premise and cloud infrastructure in effective monitoring compliance, coupled with an effective alerts management with event correlation, incident, problem, and change management in addition to service request management and helpdesk services.
- Cloud Security: Protect virtualized IP, data, applications, services, and the associated infrastructure of cloud computing.
- Voice & Video Collaboration for Skype and Lync: Promises superior experience with your voice and video conferencing.
- Cloud Management & Orchestration: Consolidates your process and workflow improving the operational agility and reduces cost.
iValue aims to simplify hybrid cloud management for you, so you can focus on your principal and core business functions, while remaining rest assured that your applications, infrastructure, storage, and network are all equally available, reliable, and resilient.
Reach out to us and we’ll get you onto the cloud!